Do we all agree that everything tastes better in miniature form? It’s true. Not only that, but our kids get so excited about a dish a little more their size. That’s why we’re excited about taking a favorite fall treat, the classic pumpkin pie, and make it mini.
Jenna is the chef around here and she’s normally a made-from-scratch kind of girl, but when it comes to a quick & tasty activity for her kids in the afternoon, she’ll take shortcuts like the rest of us! Cooking with small kids has to be minimal prep and clean up to be enjoyable.
Here’s what Jenna did:
1. Purchase a mini 4 oz canning jar like this.
2. Buy Pillsbury pre-made pie dough in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
3. Make the pie filling from the back of the Libby’s can.
4. Roll out the dough and with the lid from the mason jar cut out the circular pie crust.
5. Place dough in the bottom of jar.
6. Pour filling in to jar, I like to keep just a little bit of space at the top.
7. Bake as instructed on Libby’s can, let cool & top with cream.