Do we all agree that everything tastes better in miniature form? It’s true. Not only that, but our kids get so excited about a dish a little more their size. That’s why we’re excited about taking a favorite fall treat, the classic pumpkin pie, and make it mini.
Jenna is the chef around here and she’s normally a made-from-scratch kind of girl, but when it comes to a quick & tasty activity for her kids in the afternoon, she’ll take shortcuts like the rest of us! Cooking with small kids has to be minimal prep and clean up to be enjoyable.
Here’s what Jenna did:
1. Purchase a mini 4 oz canning jar like this.
2. Buy Pillsbury pre-made pie dough in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
3. Make the pie filling from the back of the Libby’s can.
4. Roll out the dough and with the lid from the mason jar cut out the circular pie crust.
5. Place dough in the bottom of jar.
6. Pour filling in to jar, I like to keep just a little bit of space at the top.
7. Bake as instructed on Libby’s can, let cool & top with cream.
ElaineOctober 3, 2012 at 3:23 pm
Small FryOctober 4, 2012 at 9:28 am
Thanks Elaine! -Emily
KatieOctober 3, 2012 at 6:38 pm
Not only is this adorable, but it looks delicious, as well — for kids AND adults! Yum!
Small FryOctober 4, 2012 at 9:29 am
shelbyOctober 3, 2012 at 11:32 pm
i love this. perfect to do with the little ones…
great job on the blog girls.
Small FryOctober 4, 2012 at 9:26 am
Thanks Shelby, you’re flawless so that means the world coming from you!
KribamilOctober 4, 2012 at 4:55 am
ErinOctober 5, 2012 at 9:41 am
OOO, this is something I can make with my mini people! They would totally love this!
fall harvest party [eats] | Small FryOctober 15, 2012 at 5:03 am
[…] root beer and our new favorite go-to, Mini Pumpkin Pies, were both huge […]
HeatherOctober 23, 2012 at 12:19 pm
Love these! Going to do them this week. Where did you buy you platter/stand at?
be kind and cozy | Small FryNovember 26, 2018 at 7:38 am
[…] Beignets, Swig Cookie Dupes, Kitchen Sink Cookies, Magnolia Banana Pudding, Cranberry Bundt Cake, Mini Pumpkin Pie, or more healthy options like Oat Power Balls.They love them all and they love helping because they […]