thanksgiving photo booth

The beauty of Thanksgiving is admittedly lost on small children: they have to wait for hours to eat, then after they are done,  all the sudden all of the grown-ups are ready for a nap. So we’ve teamed up with a few of our favorite creative bloggers to give you some great things to do to make Thanksgiving exciting for all ages. Today is all about the party staple, the photobooth.

Here’s what we did:

Thanksgiving Photo Booth

We used The Party Dress’s Thanksgiving Photo Prop printables, but wanted to make them a little bit more durable for multiple years and purposes, so Emily cut them out of felt. Craft wizard Alison, of The Alison Show, made us this gorgeous photo booth back drop that doubles as a table cloth for the big feast using her turkey stencil. Also, thanks to Lou Lou and Company for the beautiful tassel garland!

Read more for details on the felt photobooth props.

Emily’s tips: The stiff sheets of felt are so much easier for this purpose. They stand on their own, and are opaque so they have a better quality and look to them. They don’t come in the best variety of colors, but you can make do for the base of the prop and then use the regular more flimsy sheets to do the layering on top.

Craft supplies needed: 2 dark brown sheets of felt, and one of each of the following, yellow, orange, cream, white, light brown and tan. You can glue the felt together with fabric glue, and Emily bought two long wooden dowels ($.50 each or less) and cut them to size with kitchen shears.  All supplies could be purchased at Joann’s, Michael’s or a big box store like Wal-Mart.

Comments

1. Amy Scarborough:
    on November 19, 2012 at 8:39 am said:

I printed those off of Pinterest too! They are do cute!!!!

2. on November 19, 2012 at 10:03 am said:

What a great idea! I’ve actually never really thought of it that way… but Thanksgiving is terrible for some little ones! I never liked any of the food either so I spent a whole day waiting around for food I didn’t even like! What a bummer! I’ll have to keep that in mind and make sure my little one’s Thanksgiving is still special. =]

3. on November 19, 2012 at 10:33 am said:

wow this is such an amazing idea. thank you!!!

4. on November 19, 2012 at 12:01 pm said:

Such a cute idea, my daughter would eat this up!

5. Pingback: Thanksgiving Photo Booth | Sally Spins

6. on March 15, 2014 at 11:16 pm said:

Wonderful items from you, man. I’ve consider your stuff prior to
    and you’re simply extremely magnificent. I actually like what you’ve obtained here, really like what you’re
    stating and the best way during which you are saying it.
    You are making it enjoyable and you still care for to stay it
    smart. I cant wait to read far more from you.

This is really a great web site.

7. on March 17, 2014 at 11:13 pm said:

Great beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a blog website?
    The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast
    provided bright clear concept