Whether you’re in charge of the kid table this Thanksgiving or just need a few ideas on what to do with those leftovers once your extended family has left the building, this Mini Thanksgiving Feast is another way to create some fun memories with your little ones.
For this menu we tried to think of ways to repurpose common Thanksgiving menu items, these are so simple you could easily do them the day of, or use the ingredients for a left over Thanksgiving feast. Jenna put together turkey pot pies, buttered and jammed bread, sweet potato fries with marshmallow dip and mini pumpkin chocolate pudding and bottles of root beer made for a delicious menu for any age! While the kids feasted we snacked on Cranberry Jalapeno dip (Mel’s Kitchen Cafe) spread onto these delicious gratitude rolls (One Good Thing by Jillee.) It’s a must try, and so addicting! If you’d like the recipes, we’ve put them at the bottom of this post.
Emily and Nicole covered the party decor and it loved using the awesome chalkboard Thanksgiving line over at Caravan Shoppe. All digital and downloadable, you can mix and match and print whatever items will work for your events. With giant posters, place mats, coasters, straw flags, place cards and more, it makes throwing a party or setting your Thanksgiving table a cinch! We just died over the awesome wooden utensil line at Sucre Shop as well, and loved the pop of color the feather forks brought to the table. These gray dotted Target napkins complimented the settings without competing with it.
We kept the woodsy theme alive with a simple tree branch centerpiece, tree stump stools and tree branch coasters.
If you need an easy way to make your tiny loved ones feel special on an adult-centric holiday, just make it mini! Our kids loved having everything their size, and we loved seeing them enjoy and try new things simply because they were done on a smaller scale.
MINI THANKSGIVING FEAST RECIPES:
Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Pudding
1 can sweet & condensed milk
1 can pumpkin pie filling
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding
1 T pumpkin pie spice
Once mixed, pour in to a pastry bag & squeeze gently in to shot glass.
Top off with a dollop of heavy whipping cream & a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Turkey Pot Pie
1 Pie Crust recipe
4 T Butter, divided
1 small onion, minced
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 carrots, diced
3 T dried parsley
1 teaspoon oregano
s & p to taste
2 cups water
3 potatoes, peeled & cubed
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
3 T all-purpose flour
1/2 c milk
1. Prepare Pie Crust, set aside.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add the onion, celery, carrots, parsley, oregano, and salt and pepper.
Cook and stir until the vegetables are soft. Stir in the bouillon and water. Bring mixture to a boil. Stir in the potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in the turkey and flour. Add the milk, and heat through. Stir the turkey mixture into
the vegetable mixture, and cook until thickened. Cool slightly, then pour mixture into a ramekin.
Roll out the crust, and place on top of filling. Flute edges, and make 4 slits in the top crust to let out steam.
4. Optional: with remaining crust, cut out a small applique. Place this lightly on the center of the top crust.
5. In a separate bowl beat egg to make an egg wash. Using a pastry brush lightly brush the crust (this is what creates such a beautiful golden brown crust.)
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking for 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Sweet Potato Fries
Olive Oil, for tossing
5 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch long slices, then 1/4-wide inch strips, using a crinkle cut knife
1 tablespoon Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Line a sheet tray with parchment. In a large bowl toss sweet potatoes with just enough oil to coat. Sprinkle with House Seasoning and paprika. Spread sweet potatoes in single layer on prepared baking sheet, being sure not to overcrowd. Bake until sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
3. Sprinkle with Sea Salt & Paprika