dear santa,

As parents, some of us are Santa Clause apologists, while others are a little bit on the fence. Do we push this idea on our kids, or do we go another route? We know we had these same questions, but it seems kids find their way to the magic of Santa Clause with or without our help! Here’s a couple projects you can do with your kids to share in their excitement for The Big Guy.

First, a letter (and free printable!) to Santa hand lettered by Maypole.

And next, we have quickly become obsessed with Pebeo’s porcelain markers. You can draw and erase as much as you’d like until your find your perfect design, then just bake for a bit and you’re done! Here are a few designs we whipped up for the kids to put their cookies for Santa on:

Thanks to Pebeo and Maypole for sponsoring this project post!

Comments

1. EmmaJohns:
    on December 12, 2012 at 8:36 am said:

Cute plates! Love that idea.

2. on December 12, 2012 at 9:36 am said:

Cute projects! Loving Aubry’s Santa letter. Thanks for the download.

3. on December 12, 2012 at 9:56 am said:

these are such great ideas! thanks for sharing.

4. on December 12, 2012 at 10:05 am said:

oooh! these are great ideas!! I will be giving these a try this year :)

xo
    rachel

5. on December 12, 2012 at 4:07 pm said:

kisses all around. especially to you, heather j!

6. on December 12, 2012 at 4:41 pm said:

I wonder if this new generation of children will want to text Santa instead of writing letters? I personally love a written letter and think this has become an art form we should all reinstate. I hand made and posted written invitations to my son’s first birthday party. Overwhelming response was that they were beautiful invitations. But a few said I could have just emailed them the details, this made me sad. Does not everyone enjoy a letter and a stamp in the letterbox?
    I know next year when Jarvis is old enough he will hand write a letter to Santa.

7. Pingback: Fresh Find Friday - The Proper Pinwheel : The Proper Pinwheel

8. Courtney Watkins:
    on December 17, 2012 at 9:13 pm said:

I love the Santa plates! I can’t wait to do these with the kids! Can you get the markers at any craft store?

9. on December 17, 2012 at 9:23 pm said:

i plan on doing this with all my nieces and nephews on christmas eve…! great idea.

where are the plates from? they look like ikea. also i ordered the pens, do they have the baking instructions on them?

thanks!

on December 18, 2012 at 9:07 am said:

you will love the pens! yes they have instructions on them, let us know if you have any problems with them. the plates are ikea yes.

10. Pingback: the week before christmas « a lot of love & a little lady

11. Pingback: diy santa’s cookie plate « a lot of love & a little lady

12. Jessie:
    on December 20, 2012 at 12:42 am said:

Cute idea! I’m going to make some for myself;) I have to ask, where are those beautiful GLASSES from? I’m on the hunt for a great pair!!