cardboard airplane

We have an awesome guest project for you today from Connie in Mesa, Arizona!

Here’s what she has to say about today’s DIY:

“As soon as my four year old, Brody, saw the aviator hat his brother got for Christmas, he put it on and started running around like he was in an airplane. I had seen cardboard box airplanes before and realized it was the perfect time to make one for him. It was a very simple activity, and he enjoyed making it with me! It was hilarious watching him run around in a cardboard box… and cardboard or not, it was the coolest plane in his eyes! Every little kid should do this at least once!”

kid's DIY project airplane DIY project for kids - cardboard airplane DIY project for kids - cardboard airplane DIY project for kids - cardboard airplane finished product

You can see the original post and more about her cutie Brody here, and Connie’s photogaphy site here. What an awesome mom to take the time to do this with her little guy. We also love the idea of a beautiful set of photos of our kids playing with their very favorite toys of the moment! Isn’t that a fun way to document their ever changing interests and imagination?

Thanks Connie!

Comments

1. on January 29, 2013 at 3:47 pm said:

I love this idea and I know my little girl will too! So cute.

2. Pingback: 25+1 ötlet - játék kartondobozokkal • Hobby Turmix

3. Duba:
    on January 30, 2013 at 3:43 am said:

Nice idea but how does a kid hold it? I don’t see the purpose of “arm holes” (at least not of the kind shown here, it might be better to make real holes).

4. Vera:
    on January 30, 2013 at 6:22 am said:

Love this! I think I will add shoulder straps attached to front and back of plane so he won’t have to hold it up. Thanks for posting…..will be getting grandpa started on this asap for next visit with grandkids :)

• Connie:
      on January 30, 2013 at 5:38 pm said:

I wanted to add straps too! My son didn’t mind holding it AT ALL though so I didn’t want to go through the trouble. He was saying he wanted to add a steering wheel and buttons though so maybe go all out! You can even make the propeller spin while you’re at it, they’d love it! The possibilities are endless (:

5. Pingback: magnetic ice skaters | Small Fry

6. Pingback: DEJEMOS QUE LOS NIÑOS LE ECHEN IMAGINACIÓN! | [ The Great Moustache ]

7. on September 20, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

Terrific tutorial! Take it to the next level by making it interactive. Add some cockpit stickers. Dials, Gauges, a Radar, buttons and sliders. Checkout our new product by the father and son duo at http://paperboxpilots.com .

8. Pingback: Tutorial : Avión de hélices con una caja |

9. Pingback: How to make a cardboard airplane – tutorial

10. Pingback: | Craftista: 8 Incredible DIY Cardboard Box Projects

11. Pingback: Craftista: 12 DIY Cardboard Box Projects - ediTORIal by Tori Spelling

12. Pingback: 31 Things You Can Make With A Cardboard Box That Will Blow Your Kids' Minds | Sharing Interesting Stuff, Updates News & Free Tips

13. Pingback: Charlotte flys a plane - Whimsical Kansas City Metro Children's Photography By Passementarie Photography

14. Pingback: how to make a Cardboard Airplane

15. on August 15, 2014 at 2:17 am said:

Wow a very creative idea.An optimum utilization of otherwise perhaps not to be used again cardboard box.Very educative and enteraning for children and also good way to enhance their creative skills.

16. Pingback: All Things Airplanes: Read, Do, and Go!