moms you should meet: Kelli Murray

Photography by Small Fry contributor Eliza J Photography.

One of our California trip stops was to see San Diego based artist Kelli Murray. We had been developing a major collective crush and knew we wanted to learn more about Kelli’s life as an artist and mama.

Kelli Murray Small Fry

We grabbed lunch and talked about what most working mothers talk about — work and family — and how to happily navigate the two.

Kelli and Rylee

Kelli’s artistic career led her to being a designer for California based clothing company, Jedidiah. Working crazy long hours, but loving the ability to express herself creatively, she then married and settled down in San Diego. It wasn’t until Kelli became pregnant with her little girl Rylee that she really thought about what she wanted for her life and how to achieve it.

While we hear often that family can throw a wrench in the progression of your career, it was Kelli’s family itself that inspired her to go after it.

She knew she couldn’t put in those crazy designer hours and be with Rylee the way she wanted to be, so she scaled way back and took a leap of faith and started selling her art online.

Now a full-time mom AND full-time artist under her own name, we couldn’t be happier for Kelli’s success! Here’s a sampling of some of our favorite Kelli Murray’s art all found at her website here.

Kelli Murray Art

We just love Kelli and are so inspired by her story of motherhood enhancing and propelling her dreams. See more of Kelli at her website, Twitter (@kellimurrayart), and Instagram (@kelli_murray.)

Comments

1. on January 30, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

So inspiring! love these feature posts!

2. Pingback: Kelli Murray's Blog » Blog Archive » SMALL FRY

3. mara:
    on January 30, 2013 at 3:38 pm said:

oh.my.gosh. i LOVE her art! i’ve never seen it before! i’m just imagining which ones i want to hang in my daughters nursery someday…..so glad you shared her :)

4. Anna:
    on January 31, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

I am so in love with Kelli’s art and have been for a few years now. I have one of her pieces hanging in my living room! Such talent!

5. TJ:
    on January 31, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

Absolutely love Kelli! And her artwork is just beautiful and inspiring!!
    xo TJ

6. on January 31, 2013 at 2:48 pm said:

Thanks for the feature laaaadies! :) xo.

7. Pingback: Moms You Should Meet: Katie Richardson | Small Fry

8. Pingback: Moms You Should Meet: Kera Thompson | Small Fry

9. Pingback: Moms You Should Meet: Erin Loechner | Small Fry

10. Pingback: Moms You Should Meet : Norrinda Brown Hayat | Small Fry

11. on February 4, 2014 at 3:14 pm said:

Excellent post. I used to bee checking continuously this weblog annd I’m impressed!
    Very useul nfo specifically the remaining ssection :
    ) I handle such information much. I was
    seeking this certain information for a long time.
    Thanks and best of luck.

12. on February 7, 2014 at 6:10 am said:

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an really
    long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t shyow up.
    Grrrr… well I’m nnot writing all that over again. Anyway, just wanted to say
    great blog!

13. on February 7, 2014 at 7:21 am said:

Thanks forr some other magnificent article. Where else could anyone get that type of info in sufh ann
    ideal means of writing? I have a presentation next week,
    and I’m on the search for such information.

14. on February 9, 2014 at 8:43 pm said:

What’s up, I rwad your blkogs daily. Your wrfiting style is witty,
    keep doing what you’re doing!

15. on February 12, 2014 at 2:51 am said:

I’m not sure exactly why but this web site is loading
    very slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it
    a issue on my end? I’ll check back later and see
    if the problem still exists.