Our favorite outdoor family-time activity would have to be on our bikes. We all joke that the happiest (and most quiet) our grumpy two-year-olds can be is riding in their bike seat or in the trailer. There’s nothing like taking in your city or town with the wind in your hair and the sun on your face! Here are some favorite bike and accessories we’ve been loving:
1. Kids bikes are like lots of gear for kids… You get what you pay for. It can either be a one-time investment that you can pass down to each of your kids and their siblings, or it can be something you find yourself buying and upgrading each season. There are a lot of great high-quality bikes out there, but we just can’t get over the look and feel of Linus Bikes. They are gorgeous! So high quality with a density, sturdiness and weight that you don’t find often anymore. This is the Lil’ Roadster, in midnight blue with leather handlebars and seats, and a sweet little bell. All of Linus’ bikes and accessories are stellar, check them out here!
2. Is there anything cuter than a bike basket? The classic woven baskets are darling, but we love the bright pop of color on this metal basket from Hayneedle. Pack your basket with lunch, a good book, and head to the park!
3. Do you live a bike-friendly city? There is something so charming about seeing bikes all over town. For our boys, this Kikkerland “This Bike Is My Car” bell couldn’t be more true.
4. Adding a quick accessory like this rear rack opens up a whole new world of things you can bring along on your bike rides! These portable roll up blankets are perfect for on-the-go activities. Just strap it down with the velcro and head to a picnic, or throw it around your kiddo if temperatures drop suddenly.
5. Bike seats are getting better and better! The ones we rode in as kids were uprightly stiff and uncomfortable, but iBert’s Front Mounted Bike Seat is anything but. This seat mounts without any tools, gives kids full range views, and has a little padding for the bumpier rides.
6. If you buy one thing this Summer make it the Ivation Bullet. It’s a portable Bluetooth speaker that attaches right onto your handle bar, and works with pretty much any device you can think of. How far we’ve come from the portable boom-box!
8. Bike Trailers are such a good time when you have little ones. Burley Bee Bike Trailer is compact, safe, and has lots of options for sun, wind, rain shade.
9. To make your trailer or kids’ bike extra safe, we love the retro look of this Avenir Safety Flag. So even if they’re view is restricted, everyone else can see them coming!
10. Add a little flair to your bike brigade with this Burger Bell!
11. When it’s time for the fun to stop we can’t recommend the Monkey Bar Storage bike rack enough! It’s the only rack we’ve found that holds up to six bikes while only taking up 4 feet of space in your garage or shed. They have storage options for just about every sport, gardening, and tools you have lying around – see them all here!