We just finished a week long Spring break for our big boys at their schools, and we’ve gotten a taste of how wonderful Summer break will be! Maybe we’ve all wondered, how do we continue to stimulate our kids’ brains, ensure that they’re still learning and exploring and growing even though they’re not in a formal schooling setting? Some families have the whole Summer planned with in-home schooling, chores, and a set routine. While some that take a break from it all and play, play, play. And of course lots in between. Where do you lie on the spectrum? Whether you’re the former or the latter, here’s an awesome collection of educational games to help your toddlers and preschoolers have fun and learn at the same time!
1. LEARN YOUR LETTERS : Learning Resources Alphabet Pops not only aid in learning letters, both upper and lowercase, but also color matching! Each popsicle snaps together and they are vibrant and sturdy. Definitely a favorite toy over here.
2. LEARN THE ELEMENTS : Uncle Goose’s Periodic Table Building Blocks
for building towers, and as they grow, to help teach the elements, too! We could definitely use a refresher on this subject. Uncle Goose goods are made right here in the USA, which is always a welcome feature.
3. LEARN TO LACE & TIE : We’re all in the shoe tie teaching phase. It’s a tricky concept and really hard to visualize when the laces and your hands hide what’s happening underneath. Melissa & Doug’s Wood Lacing Sneaker
is perfect because lacing, and tying the bow from this perspective is so much easier to grasp!
4. LEARN TO TELL TIME : Not only is this Tell-Time Puzzle
going to teach your kids about telling time the old fashion way, but it also has a built-in puzzle so even your youngest kiddos can enjoy it!
5. LEARN ABOUT CHEMISTRY : We love this primary Science Lab Set
for easy kitchen chemistry experiments. There are so many different experiments you can show your kids using ingredients found in your cupboards. Check out our Pinterest board “Kitchen Science
” for great ones we’ve spotted around the web!
6. LEARN HISTORY : You all know how much we love Uncle Goose blocks, but this President Block Set
might take the cake. Each block is made with non-toxic ink, safe for that “everything must go in my mouth” stage, and includes each President’s picture, nickname, party affiliation, term and more! All ages can benefit from these blocks!
7. LEARN TO COUNT : Smart Resources is really killing it with all these educational toys! Count ’em Up Popcorn
is not only a teaching tool, but it’s pretty cute to look at, too!
8. LEARN BALANCING : We love this block set that shows when each piece has found it’s perfect balance when the liquid is horizontal. Find them here: Plan Toys Water Blocks
9. MORE BALANCE : Link the monkeys into the tree, but they’ll all topple off if it’s unbalanced, so fun and darling to look at! Another gem from Plan Toys: Balancing Monkeys
Find all our eductional-based posts right here
. And a favorite series’ of ours Summertime School
, that we’ll be bringing back this Summer again!