We had got such great feedback from sharing our favorite healthier options at Target, we wanted to keep the conversation going with a few other stores we can’t live without! Next up, Costco! The membership fee is worth the excellent produce quality alone, but add on all of these great items and Costco becomes an absolute must for us.
1. Veggie Straws: These babies are dairy, gluten and soy free and added veggies like potato, sweet potato, carrot and spinach!
2. Dehydrated fruit packets: Bananas strawberry and apple are a great little snack for the on-the-go.
3. Whole Fruit Push-up Popsicles with Organic Juice: when kids are begging for a treat or dessert this is such a great option. Made with whole fruits and organic juices, even colored with beets, they’re awesome!
4. Mixed Nuts: So much protein and healthy fats. It’s a great snack for in between meals and for kids who are more effected by drops in blood sugar.
5. Babybel Cheese Wheels: These little wheels are so cute and fun for kids (and adults!) they’re great on their own or paired with all kinds of healthy additions. We love all Babybel’s snack ideas on their site!
6. The Flax Seed chips by Food Should Taste Good go with pretty much all of Costco’s amazing dip variety. You all know how we love a good dip, but if your kids can handle a little bite they’re the best with the Jalapeño Yogurt Dip.
7 & 8. Gummy Vitamins are truthfully the only way a couple of us adults get this type of multi-vitamin. They sell lots of different types, we love the Lil Critters, and then Schiff’s chewable probiotic for maintaing healthy bacteria in the digestive system and strengthening the immune system.
9. Fruit Leather: This is another great dessert substitute. We’ve learned if you act like it’s a treat, it is one. Make it extra special and only for after a good lunch or dinner and your kids will believe it!
10. Annie’s Snack Packs: Great for tossing into lunch boxes. Organic wheat and real aged cheddar make them pretty irresistible to the mamas, too!
11. Go Go Squeez’s are dangerous in the sense that if your kids find the stash they’d be gone in a few minutes. Hide these on the top shelf!
12. Honest Kids: Organic juice boxes: Another great lunch box addition.
13. Nature Valley bars are so good. Irresistible even. We love being able to buy a big ol’ box for when we get to bring treats for the whole soccer team, or a big play date.
What other food items for your family have you found at Costco? Also, what other stores are a must stop on your grocery rotation?