We have a delicious guest recipe today from the Los Angeles based Mom and Pop Shop Popsicle Truck! This 1970’s mail truck was brought to life when a few moms wanted to find a way to take the focus of their work from inside in front a computer to outside where they could enjoy it with their kids, too! Now they sell their gourmet Pops, art, books and more (check out their online shop, here!) We love that mission and are excited to get the 411 on making these delicious Pear + Cider Pops at home.
Eat Drink & Be Pear-y | cider pop
Yield 4-6 pops
- 2 – Ripe Pears (cored and diced, I leave the skin on because I like that added texture, but feel free to peel)
- 1 cup – Unsweetened Coconut Milk (if you’re feeling really ambitious make your milk from scratch with this recipe!)
- 3 Tbsp. – Date Syrup (there are a few ways to do this, but I soak one part pitted dates into 1 part hot water and let dissolve over night or blend for faster results)
- ½ Tsp. – Ground Cardamom*
- ½ Tsp. – Ground Cinnamon*
- ½ Tsp. – Ground Cloves*
* NOTE: Feel free to substitute the spices for 1-1/2 tsp of pumpkin or apple pie spice if you don’t have the individual spices readily available.
Add diced pear, coconut milk, date syrup and spices to a blender and puree till all ingredients are well blended and smooth. Pour into molds, add sticks, freeze and enjoy! As simple and fun as running through a pile of autumn leaves!!!
For you Southern Californians, you can catch the Mom and Pop Truck at an Art Fair November 22nd from 1-4pm. Head to Glen Alla Park! (4601 Alla Rd, Los Angeles, CA 90292)