Best of Bows + Headbands

By Jenna.

I’ll admit that when the Ultrasound Tech told us we were having a girl I text Nicole and Emily and said “does this mean I have to start buying bows?!” Hair accessories were sort of the last thing I was excited about as I’d been turned off by the huge sunflower sitting atop of my neighbor’s babies head (you know the one I’m talking about.) As it turns out though I’ve found some beautiful (subtle) and well hand crafted bows and headbands that I’m obsessed with. Best of all these are ALL made moms themselves and I love supporting their small businesses. bows1. Baby Bling Bows // These super soft bows are gorgeous on a little peanut head. I LOVE their color choices, different knots and styles. I’m especially a fan of the ‘sailor knot.’

2. Happiness Lives Here // I can’t say enough good things about these mini felt bows! They are the PERFECT tiny size for a newborn and have a thin adjustable strap that makes it the best I’ve seen for a little bitty head! The colors are perfect too–I want every one.

3. Laurlelu // My good friend gifted me these and I love their unique shape. They’re made with super soft leather too which is fun!

4.  A Little Lady Shop // I LOVE these little felt bows on clips for longer hair! The bow shape is super classic but with clean modern lines. I especially love their neon color choices!

5. Little Hip Squeaks // LHS makes the softest & well made baby clothes in the business &  their headbands are no exception. They’re thick, soft, durable & best of all the patterns are always rad.

6. ZoZuBaby // Can NOT get enough of these mini newborn felt bows. So scrumptious on a tiny head & comfortable to boot! Also $10 for three bows is such a great price you won’t feel AS depressed when your girl manages to lose one every where she goes 😉

We’re obviously still new at this, so what bows and headbands would you add to this list? Excited to hear!

1. on February 5, 2015 at 6:40 am said:

Georgia & Jane, HalfPintKids, Little Miss Hush, and Shop Sadie Sky

2. Brooklyn:
    on February 5, 2015 at 8:43 am said:

you need to check out little crane headbands! If you haven’t experienced them you’re missing out:)

3. Brooklyn:
    on February 5, 2015 at 8:49 am said:

I tagged you on Instagram ☺️

4. Cayt:
    on February 5, 2015 at 10:56 am said:

Check out @lululuvsbklyn !!!

Her tiny Liberty of London bows have been complimented often on our 4-month old (who doesn’t have much hair, haha). Also love her other fabrics! And you can order them as clips or as a super soft stretchy nylon headbands. Obsessed!!

5. on February 5, 2015 at 11:16 am said:

Love the list!! There are so many fabulous shops out there too! Pretty Little Elm, Holly Blossoms, August in November, Sadie Sky. So many! But thank you for including my trio bow set! XOXO

6. on February 5, 2015 at 11:44 am said:

My baby girl is ten months old now and she will pull any bow out of her head. Some of the baby head wraps work a lot better and stay on longer! But these are all adorable!!

7. danielle:
    on February 5, 2015 at 12:04 pm said:

I just found out I’m having a girl after three boys! And I’m totally in the same boat over those obnoxious huge bows. Yikes. Loved seeing this-I’d found Happiness Lives Here but not the others! Yay for girl shopping!

8. Crystal:
    on February 5, 2015 at 12:58 pm said:

For my girls I love the Every Dot and Tiddle and A Pinch of Peach bows. I love that they’re fabric and are sewed instead of glued. Their quality and fabric choices are so good. I also love the Lou Lou & Company headbands.

9. Anne:
    on February 5, 2015 at 1:26 pm said:

great list! it’s so hard finding ones that aren’t the same size as the baby’s head ya know?! haha glad to see these more modest options

10. on February 6, 2015 at 6:05 am said:

Those are all beautiful options! But if you’re looking for more variety of baby headbands and alligator clips check out my shop that should be opening in the next few days. Also we specialize in other popular baby accessories such as baby bracelets and in the future simple chic baby rings which are perfect for baby blessings and photo ops! Like Simply Kate Bowtique on facebook for a 20% coupon valid for your first purchase! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, & Pinterest @simplykatebowtique!

11. on February 6, 2015 at 9:46 am said:

If you want some more cute leather options, I’m your girl! We’re known for our signature shape when it comes to leather bows and for our fun & unique fabric prints for our other items!

12. Katrina:
    on February 6, 2015 at 10:43 am said:

I would second Little Crane Headbands..THE best!

13. Joy:
    on February 6, 2015 at 2:14 pm said:

Littlewintershop on Etsy! My girl is 2 now and has been wearing these bows, head wraps, and flower crowns since she was born. She loves them, puts them on herself, and they are so darling!

14. Pingback: best baby rattles | Small Fry

15. on March 16, 2016 at 8:09 pm said:

These are so adorable! I wish they were in the UK tho!

UK Mums, i found some nice head bands at babyamour.

Thank you for the great list.

16. on June 29, 2016 at 11:33 pm said:

Love all the items, If you want to see more of baby head bands then I would say check this one out.

17. Nicole:
    on July 11, 2017 at 9:24 pm said:

You should check out A Little Delight bows for you next list, they are great! Super high quality, great prints, and they can double as little boy bow ties!

18. on February 24, 2018 at 12:48 pm said:

I know this is an old post, but I’m one of those mommas who makes bows because crafting and adorning my kiddos in cute accessories are two of my favorite things! 🙂 What a fun blog post! For anyone interested in giving my handmade products a looksie, my small handmade shop is called The Corby Nest. I’m on Etsy, Facebook (page is The Corby Nest; group is The Corby Nest VIP), and my website it I make accessories for boys and girls (even matching sibling sets, inspired by my son and baby daughter)!