Once your kids get to a certain age, board games become a lot of fun and not just a box of pieces ready to be lost or stepped on. Today we’re rounding up our favorite educational games in the board game genre. We shared our favorite educational toys here, too if you’re looking!
1. Rory’s Story Cubes: You roll dice which become elements of your story and use your imagination to construct a tale for your other players. Great for artistic expression!
2. Let’s Go Fishin‘: This game is so good for fine motor skills. It’s also good for finding patterns and colors.
3. Memory Game: We love this beautiful game from Petit Collage. Matching helps with memory, rule following and even teamwork.
4. Sum Swamp: Exactly like it sounds! An adventure through a swamp that helps fine tune kids’ simple math skills.
5. Dominoes: A must for every home! You can use these for the real game and number learning, or you can use like blocks and knocking them down in a patter for fine motor skills, too!
6. I Spy Game: Great for beginner readers, promotes matching skills, team work and rule following.
7. Q’s Race to the Top: This game is a great combination of active play (you draw cards having you do silly tasks like rubbing your tummy and patting your head) social and etiquette skills, and asking engaging questions that help you learn lots about even your own kids!
8. Connect 4 Launchers: A fun twist on the classic! Launch your way to connect four and learn hand eye coordination and strategy.
9. Where is Sock Monkey?: Helps engage kids in problem solving with hiding the sock monkey and creating clues to help find it.