Hoping to Adopt: Cahoon Family

Our story like everyone’s story is unique and has come with challenges but most of all lots of joy. The short version of our story is my husband James was married before for 8 years to an amazing woman named Paige. Paige fought cancer for 6 of those years and due to her cancer was not able to bear children. So James and Paige adopted an amazing little girl that they named Esme. When Esme was 8 months old Paige’s cancer came back and she died 3 months later. After some time had passed James felt ready to begin the next chapter of his life. That’s when he met me and we got married. Wedding268I was so blessed to not only to marry an amazing guy like James but to get to be a mom to the best little girl ever. We were all blessed in this situation. Since we have been married we have been trying to have children on our own and between the 6 medical procedures we have had and all the money we have spent we were left empty handed. We want to add to our family more then words can say. But even more so Esme asks us daily when she gets to be a big sister. We have plenty of love to give to a child and hope that day comes soon.Hoping to Adopt: Cahoon Family

We loved this story and Stacey’s big heart, you can reach Stacey and the Cahoon family via email! jeppy11 @ yahoo.com

Comments

1. Anni Butterfield:
    on April 17, 2015 at 12:36 pm said:

Great family and lucky parents and little girl.
    Love ya
    Anni

2. Paige Smith:
    on April 17, 2015 at 1:07 pm said:

Stacey…You and James are the best parents to Esme, and a new little baby will be the luckiest baby on the planet to join your family. I can’t wait for your journey with adoption to begin. Saying my prayers for you.
    Love Paige

3. Angela:
    on April 17, 2015 at 2:17 pm said:

Stacey, your little family is amazing! Any new baby boy or girl would be so lucky and blessed to have you as their mom. You truly are a selfless person. Beautiful on the inside and out. With so much to offer, I hope an adoption happens soon for you, James, and cutest Esme.
    Love You!
    Angie

4. Anonymous:
    on April 17, 2015 at 3:12 pm said:

I have been lucky enough to call Stacey a friend since Elementary school. She has the biggest heart. They’re amazing parents and I can’t wait to watch as they add to their beautiful family. Love you Stacey.

• Anonymous:
      on April 17, 2015 at 3:13 pm said:

Love, Holly

5. Trish:
    on April 19, 2015 at 8:29 pm said:

This story is so incredibly tender. To suffer the loss of a wife and mother, a single Dad with an infant daughter, finds love again with beautiful Stacey, then they find they are also unable to conceive. Stacey is an amazing woman, so overjoyed to have found James and precious Esme! Because of the journey this family has experienced they take nothing for granted. James and Stacey know they have been blessed to form this new, tiny family. To see them together is pure joy! So excited for this next step in their lives.

6. Megan:
    on April 20, 2015 at 10:16 am said:

A truly special story! I would love to see Stacey, James & Esme add a new little one to this beautiful and caring little family. Lots of love & best wishes to you!
    Love, Megan

7. Stephanie Marston:
    on April 21, 2015 at 9:38 pm said:

Stacy– this is such a sweet post. You and James are the most kind and loving couple… amazing parents to sweet little Esme. I adore you both and pray you are able to add to your family. You truly do have so much love to give– and I KNOW Esme will be an amazing big sis. Love you guys!!!