So happy to have Valerie and Brittany back from Little Sous Chef sharing their best banana bread recipe! We love making this with our kids, there’s so many steps they can do with you – mashing bananas, mixing and more! Check it out: Our Favorite Banana Bread
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 heaping cups mashed bananas (about 5-6 bananas)
½ cup milk
2 teaspoons lemon juice
4 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs and beat.
4. Add mashed bananas, milk and lemon juice. Stir until combined.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
6. Gradually add to banana mixture. Stir until just combined.
7. Stir in nuts if using.
8. Divide batter between two well greased bread pans.
9. Generously sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar.
10. Bake 50 minutes.