So so happy to have this news to share today! Russ and I are expecting and due this Summer! You all know this one has taken a bit longer than we anticipated and I feel so fortunate to get another chance at pregnancy. If you’re interested, I wanted to share some info about this pregnancy, some FAQs if you will. 😉
- First, my due date is 4th of July! Just two weeks shy of my pregnancy last year. This time last year I was heartbroken, I couldn’t sing a single Christmas song because singing the word “baby” made me break down in tears. Every pregnancy announcement I saw online or heard from family and friends felt like a slap in the face. If you’re in that place, I know how you feel. It’s a dark time and no one can get you out of that. My heart is with you! Miscarriage (as so many of you already know first-hand) makes pregnancy the next time around a little trickier. I had to get a doppler to ease my anxiousness, and although just getting pregnant was happy enough news, I still feel like it could be taken away from me at any time. It feels so much more fragile than it has before.
- We found out in Paris – as if we needed any reason to love that city more!! Every moment in that city felt like this secret happy gift, enjoying it all with that anticipation of new life, I’ll never ever forget it!
- We had an appointment with a well-known and aggressive fertility doctor scheduled only a few days after we got back from Europe. Being uninsured (or the euphemism “self-pay” as I like to say) I had lots of reasons to be happy to cancel that appointment ;). I honestly don’t know why this pregnancy finally clicked. My hormones were all out of whack, my cycles (sorry) were crazy short and no one could tell me if I was ovulating or not. We were ready to take this situation head on, and seemingly as soon as I turned it over to the professionals, it finally took.
- I told Nicole and Jenna by faking a conference call and telling them I was sending a file over via text for them to check. I sent the pregnancy test picture and their reactions were hilarious. Jenna was freaking out, but Nicole’s photo hadn’t come through yet and she was also freaking out but because she didn’t know why Jenna was. They make everything more exciting and fun, and this was no exception. I told them super early because I was dropping the ball left and right being so sick and they were surely confused. Also, I was honestly just stoked to have a positive test result. Like, YES my body CAN do this. That was a celebration in itself, after being worried something wasn’t right.
- At 12 weeks, I am still super nauseated. This pregnancy so far is different in the sense that instead of being intensely sick in the mornings, I am just middle ground nauseated morning noon and night. The best thing I could do was watch Netflix and try and distract myself. I just finished Grand Hotel and it was the best gift and I need a support group now that it’s done. I have days where nothing stays down, and I have good days, too. I am starting to feel more like myself, things are funny again, (nothing is funny in your first trimester) and my energy is slowly coming back.I know I am so blessed, so fortunate and lucky to not only have the ability to do this, but to be able to share it with all of you. Your love and support these last several years has meant so much to me and I know Nicole and Jenna as well.
All my love,
Edit: Sweater 40% off at Nordstrom and the softest sweater I own! I have the coordinating skirt (also 40% off!) and love wearing them together and separate. Striped dress is Asos. Stools are in Nicole’s photo studio and are from Amazon (on sale for only $99, too!)