hyatt ziva cancún!

By Emily.

Oh, Mexico! Are you singing James Taylor yet? Last week (if you follow us on Instagram – @smallfryblog – you know I was the lucky Fry that got to attend the Grand Opening for Hyatt’s newest family-friendly all-inclusive resort in Cancún, Mexico! Hyatt Ziva CancúnIt opened just in November and the Hyatt Ziva Cancún stole our hearts in a major way. It was in the perfect mid-eighties, partly cloudy (not too hot!) and gorgeous. IMG_4187Here’s some of the highlights of our stay! Lots of pics, so catch them all, the wardrobe links and more, after the jump! Hyatt Ziva Cancún

If you’re looking for one amazing family get-away at one of the most beautiful places in the world, Hyatt Ziva Cancun is it. We will definitely be back and we’ll be bringing family and friends next time, too. Such a perfect spot for a reunion. They’re offering 50% off +5th night free deal when you book before January 31st! Check it out here!

We’re so sold on the all-inclusive model, it was so relaxing and stress-free. We didn’t have to worry about finding transportation, making reservations for food or activities, or get the lump in our throats every time we had to swipe our credit card. They had 8 awesome restaurants, all but one is kid-friendly. Mexican, Italian, Asian Fusion (with a tepanyaki style presentation) French, a steak-house, lots of bars and brew houses and of course Pasteles, an all dessert all the time shop!Hyatt Ziva CancúnHyatt Ziva CancúnHyatt Ziva Cancún We hadn’t planned on using their Kidz Club except during our massages (spoiled!!) but the boys were obsessed and always had the best time and came back with the cutest little projects so they ended up begging to go each day for a couple hours. Not complaining! Of course it’s part of the all-inclusive amenities which we thought was incredible. Hyatt Ziva CancúnMy boys were sleeping in until 11 each day and I get hungry at about 5 in the morning (ha!) so we’d order a couple shifts of room service to tide me over and then we’d head out for the day. Again, all-included. Hyatt Ziva Cancún Hyatt Ziva CancúnHyatt Ziva has three pools and access to three different beaches. They had paddle boards, kayaks, bocce ball and cooking lessons. Tons of fitness classes each day, a gym, the most beautiful spa I’ve ever seen, huts along the beach for couples massage. It truly blew us all away. Their Spa Zen was so gorgeous, they had these amazing adjustable beds that were amazing for my pregnant body. The pools and amenities in the spa were some of the best I’ve seen. I couldn’t get a picture to do it justice, but this one from their site does the trick!

Spa Zen Ziva CancunHyatt Ziva Cancún

Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 7.20.55 AMThe night of their Grand Opening was unforgettable as well! They had aerialists over the pools, fire dancers, music, food, and at the very end a firework show! As if we needed more, its started to lightly rain and each drop reflected the colors and light from the fireworks. It looked it like it was raining glitter. So cool!Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 7.18.15 AMHayes dressed himself for the party and was super proud. 😉IMG_4312I’ve said it before: being two parents who own their own businesses, things are typically stressful, that is the norm. Hours are long and we do a lot of switching off to make it all work. Having such solid, uninterrupted, stress-free vacationing was everything to me. I cry just thinking about it. Every time I looked up I saw them together, laughing, without a care in the world. It’s so priceless.Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 7.17.47 AM

Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 8.00.41 AMPool-side nap!Hyatt Ziva CancúnSunset swim!Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 7.18.00 AMHappiest, luckiest boys.Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 7.19.46 AM

Hyatt Ziva Cancún

Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 8.05.43 AM

IMG_4467

Find their 50% off + 5th night free deal right here!

Shop the Post!

EMILY

Yellow off-the shoulder ($10!) // Maternity Cut-offs // Black Slides // Twins Hat // Ray-Bans

White flutter tank ($15!)// Lace shorts (sale!) // Sunglasses (Great Dior So Real knock-offs)

Sonnet James Dress // Orange Sandals (mine are long gone but these are better anyway!)  // White Sunnies

Grand Opening Dress ($24!) // Espadrilles

Swim: Maternity One Piece (love this!) // Black Strap top

RUSS

Navy Swim Shorts // Blue Striped Swim Shorts // Birdwell Hat // Sunglasses

BOYS

Swim Shorts — Black Hurley, Red Volcom, Red Gingham, Cal’s Euro Shorts

Puddle Jumpers (better than any lifejacket I’ve ever tried.)

Comments

1. on January 19, 2016 at 3:10 pm said:

I’ve been looking at this resort.

You mention they have 8 restaurants but only one is kid friendly. Does that mean you can only take the kids to one or just that only one has a kids menu?

My daughter just turned 3 – would the kids club be appropriate for her?

on January 19, 2016 at 4:17 pm said:

Sorry I meant only one is for adults only – a French one! So 7 are kid-friendly! Every restaurant we went to had a great kids menu! The kids club was amazing, you can have them take them to lunch and dinner, opt in or out for the beach our their little kidz club pool. So many great toys and projects and the staff was super great!

2. JR:
    on January 21, 2016 at 11:35 am said:

Hello, Looks like you had a fabulous time Can you please let me know more about the kids club? Is it similar to club med’s? Do they venture out of the kids club building/pool area to do activities like snorkeling/kayaking/sailing, etc? So you happen to know what age groups that they group together? I have a 7 and 10 yr old who would like to be together.
    Thanks!

on January 26, 2016 at 1:58 pm said:

You can opt in or out for them to leave the little kids club confines, like to go to the beach. Select to have them fed lunch and or dinner. They had lots or arts and crafts, active play, a great little water park in their grounds and we saw kids out and about a lot! I didn’t see any specifications on age grouping, it seemed like everyone was together (the weekend was pretty quiet, not a ton of guests!) My kids are 4 and 5 and were together the whole time! They seem really relaxed and like they’d do whatever you’d like!

3. Eliteflyer:
    on January 26, 2016 at 6:49 am said:

Thoughts on taking 2.75 year old twins here? Seems like they’d be too young for the kids club. Are facilities otherwise toddler friendly and did you learn anything about babysitting options?

on January 26, 2016 at 1:59 pm said:

From what I remember they allow 3 year olds, or maybe 4 year olds? Mine are 4 and 5 and had a blast. We saw lots of little toddlers and babies around! They had a pretty big kids staff so I am sure they do private babysitting! Every restaurant but one was family friendly (7 total)

I’d go back with little ones for sure!

4. on January 26, 2016 at 1:32 pm said:

Thanks so much for this review. My husband and I are staying here in April with our, then, 9 month old. We are very much looking forward to it. A little afraid of this Zika virus going around, but hopefully the resort will do their best to manage mosquitoes.

on January 26, 2016 at 1:59 pm said:

Yes! I didn’t see a single mosquito or get a bite of any kind while I was there, I am sure they’re taking every precaution though!

5. AJL:
    on February 23, 2016 at 3:11 pm said:

Great Review!!! Thank you so much for this. We are traveling there in two weeks with our two year old. We are a little concerned about the food as our toddler has a milk allergy, did you find that the kids menus had several options that would allow for her to eat milk/butter/cheese free?? I know it is a strange question if your child does not have this allergy…just wondering if the kids menu were the standards like chicken fingers, mac and cheese, etc? or if there were several other options? Also concerned with the Zika Virus/Dengue fever but glad to hear you did not have any issues with mosquitos. :)Thank you again!