We’re back with our annual New Year, New Baby Week! A week of posts and giveaways dedicated to all you new mamas and your babies. Before we jump in here’s all you need to know about years passed. Since we’ve covered lots of ground, here’s what you might’ve missed.
Fellow parents share their best advice*, birth stories (Little Green Notebook’s will blow your mind!), and insight from all sorts of things. Tips on breastfeeding and support for bottle-feeding. What it feels like to have Post-Partum Depression, how to start exercising again. and our favorite online friends share what they DIDN’T expect when they were expecting.
NOW! For this year! Getting organized for a new baby’s arrival can feel overwhelming. You’re not quite sure what you actually need just yet, you’re getting all kinds of darling gifts – so cute you can’t bear to put them away, and making the most of your space. Here’s some of our favorite Nursery Organization Ideas!
- Multi-Purpose. Finding items that serve lots of purposes is always a great idea. Whether it’s dressers that dual as changing tables, bins and holders that bring pattern and brightness to a room. Shelves that show your sweetest heirlooms while keeping them away from tiny hands. This rug from H&M is also your baby’s first race track.
- Bins, baskets, and containers. You’ll have so many things that need containing, tiny socks, diapers, toys, books. Good news is they add so much life to a nursery! Click on these below to see them enlarged. All awesome uses of containers! (Pictured above – Orange and Black baskets)
3. Space Saving pieces are always a great idea. This wall-mounted diaper changing station is incredible!
4. Organizing by size is an absolute must. But since clothing varies so much from store to store, our best tip is to lay them all out size by size and then arrange them by length. You’ll be amazed how much they vary! Then you can separate them with these cute closet dividers by Lucy Darling. How many times we thought we had time to fit our babies into an outfit to realize they already outgrew it!
5. Hooks and Shelves! When you want to show it off but can’t have it near tiny kids.
6. Portable is everything when babies are new and you’re needing lots of things at your fingertips all day and night. We love this diaper caddy from Honest. It’s modern and eye-catching, but lightweight and holds everything you need to change a diaper in whatever room you land.
7. Having a great bookshelf gives you not only storage but also lots of surface area for your favorite decor pieces. This one and lots of other great ones via Land of Nod.
8. Kid hangers are tricky and the kind you can by at your local big box store are slippery, flimsy, and can’t handle much weight. Coats and wide necks just don’t cut it. We love these hangers from Couture Closets. They’re notched, can hold up to 16 pounds, have a velvety texture so things don’t slip. And they’re extra narrow so you can pack more on your rack.