LitJoy Crate

Fun guest post from the all new LitJoy Crate!  Catch a giveaway on our Instagram @smallfryblog and get 10% off your first box with “SMALLFRY10”! Welcome, ladies!!

Hello there! I’m Alix and this is Kelly and we run the new business: LitJoy CrateLitJoy1LitJoy Crate is a monthly book box subscription, delivered to your front porch! Each month, you receive a Crate with a new release book, and book-themed items to enhance that reading experience (this really just means we want to make reading really fun instead of just fun). Subscribers can select from our three crates: the Board Book Crate (ages 0-2), the Picture Book Crate (ages 3-6), and the Young Adult Crate (ages 14+). It’s like a book party on your porch—monthly!Lit Joy CrateOur drive in creating LitJoy was two-fold. First, we care deeply about literacy (which is why, for every crate we sell, we donate a book to local pro-literacy campaigns); and second, we care (probably too deeply) about literature. In our texts to each other 60% is work related and the other 40% is us fan-girling over some fictional character that we care about as if they were a living and breathing human (or faerie depending on the book). Lit Joy CrateBetween the two of us we have four children, ages four and under—so our business meetings can get a little crazy. Many tantrums are halted with the promise of marshmallows and the threat of “ no reading tonight unless you are good” . It was reading to our children that really solidified our decision to start LitJoy  Begin a mom can be really hard and sometimes reading with out kids is the brightest moment of our day! We wanted to share 3 quick ways to keep your kids (and your whole family, really) reading through those chaotic summer months: Lit Joy Crate1. During reading time, involve activities based around the books you are reading with your kids. This is basically what we try and do with LitJoy Crate. If your book is about going on a scavenger hunt, stage your own scavenger hunt. Or send the kids out on a scavenger hunt while you catch up on your reading.

2. Go to the library! And then go again. I’m always surprised by how much fun my kids have at the library. Plus it’s a free activity, which is great for summer when we are trying to do fun things every day.

3. Listed to audiobooks when traveling on summer vacations. Maybe pass on the Iggy Azalea and instead start an audiobook . These beautiful orchard shots photographed by our friend Sam are a straight-up miracle. If I could transport you through time and space to this photo shoot in this quaint orchard you would be dropping in on pandemonium and at least three tantrums from different children (I’m not naming names). Sam, the miracle worker, managed to capture a few moments that were beautiful and these moments are a lot like what our life feels like as a business owner and a mom. It’s chaos laced with tears and boogers, but those few moments where what wedo brings joy, that’s why we do it! Lit Joy Crate

Sign up for LitJoy Crate here!

Leave A Comment

*required fields