So now that we’ve piqued your interest about ALDI, we’re putting our money where our mouth is! We’ve got an awesome vegetarian pasta salad recipe made with ALDI’s brand name ingredients that will costs you a slim $1.40 per person. You could always add grilled chicken, or salmon or even steak bites to make it a more hearty entree, but this one is yummy as is and tastes so fresh and filling!
INGREDIENTS all found at ALDI!
½ pound Priano Fusilli or short cut pasta
1 tablespoon + ¼ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt, divided
1 pound broccoli crowns, cut into bite-sized florets
2 tablespoons Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 cups chopped yellow onion
¼ teaspoon Stonemill EssentialsCrushed Red Pepper, plus additional to taste
15.5 ounces Dakota’s PrideGarbanzo Beans (Chick Peas)
½ cup Priano Ricotta Cheese
½ cup Priano Shredded Parmesan Cheese, plus additional to taste
Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Cook the fusilli according to package instructions, adding 1 tablespoon of salt to boiling water. During the last two minutes of cook time, add the broccoli. Before draining, remove 1 cup of cooking water; reserve. Drain fusilli and broccoli.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and crushed red pepper. Cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chick peas and cook until they begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ricotta and parmesan cheese with 3 tablespoons of reserved cooking water. Add more water by the tablespoon, as necessary, to create a creamy sauce.
- Return the skillet with chick peas to the stove over medium heat. Add the fusilli and broccoli. Fold in the cheese mixture, stirring gently. Add more reserved water to loosen the mixture, as needed.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper and black pepper, to taste.TIP: If more broccoli is desired, chop ½ of the broccoli stalks into bite-sized pieces, cook along with the florets. The starchy pasta cooking water is the secret to creating the silky sauce, so don’t forget to set aside before draining.
Find an ALDI nearest you with this locator!