Poor Cal has had the worst sinus issues this week and I’ve been pulling out all the stops. He’s gotten better with each day so I didn’t worry about getting an antibiotic but here’s what I used to help things move along!
- Children’s ACF (Acute Cold + Flu) by Buried Treasure. I’ve sworn by this stuff for years but only recently found the kid’s formula. It tastes so much better but still has all the immune support you need, like elderberry, echinacea, vitamin C etc. I put this in my kids smoothies all year round to build their immune system and then up the doses when they’re sick too.
- Hylands Cold ‘n Mucus. Herbs and homeopathy to help break up mucus, soothe sore throats, help them fall asleep, but no sedatives or stimulants so their body can heal on it’s own. Read up on it here!
- Zarbee’s line is so great for helping sooth sore throats, quiet coughs and loosen mucus.
- Children’s Tylenol. You can alternate every 4 hours with Kid’s Ibuprofen – chewables are the best!. To help with aches and pains and the soreness from his cheeks. His popped ears were really causing him pain in his face! I find Ibuprophen works a lot better for some reason.
- Nose Frida + Saline Spray — once kids are old enough to blow their nose its a whole different ball game, but until that day. Nose Frida is an absolute must have. It seems gross but their mucus never comes near you or is even airborne. But it works amazingly well and is so necessary when they can’t breathe!
- Maty’s Chest Rub. An all natural chest rub to help get those vapors into their nose. I add Eucalyptus oil to it when I want it to be stronger for the bigger kids.
- Eustachi. This thing is epically amazing and every parent needs one! When ears won’t pop this thing does the trick immediately. Take it on flights for sure, but so great for sinus issues when you can’t get the ears to clear.
- Smoothies – if you can’t get your kid to take vitamins, medicines, supplements, I work so much into their smoothies and they have no clue. Ha! I love these giant smoothie straws for easy drinking on the go, too! I cut them in half and stick them in the kid cups from restaurants! (In fact I always cut my straws in half for kids, way too long and then they don’t have to tip it so far to get a drink. Tip = spill.)
Any products to add? Just mentioning it that if Cal wasn’t progressing or getting better I would for sure have gotten him an antbiotic. But always glad to have natural or other remedies to try and help!