Just a few of my favorite sides for BBQs since I know you all are on the hunt this weekend!
Fresh Corn Salad via Lisa Allen – so good with tortilla chips!
Panzanella via Barefoot Contessa (I make this without the bread most of the time but it is SO good with it in! I don’t toss it in until we’re serving, better for storing leftovers and the bread is best fresh and not dressed.)
Watermelon Blueberry Salad via The Crumby Kitchen – I love that salty bite with the feta. Such a tasty salad!
Fruit Cup with Tajin
Tajin gives a hit of spice and lime and will kick up any fruit platter! My friend Rashelle threw a Cinco de Mayo party and had them all in individual cups which is such a good idea for a BBQ! Watermelon, Mango and Pineapple cut super nicely into spears for easy grabbing and munching!
She also paired it with a super fresh and clean ceviche! I love this light option for a BBQ so you can stay on track with eating, I know after holidays I tend to go overboard, so I am always glad for these tasty options that don’t feel like a sacrifice in the slightest.
Shrimp and Cucumber Ceviche – serves 8
- 1 cup diced seeded peeled cucumber ( ¼-inch dice)
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- Optional if you want spice: 2 serrano chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup diced seeded tomato
1 avocado, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped cilantro leaves, plus more leaves for garnish
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of lime and lemon
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste