In this post I was breaking down how I wanted to shop + dress for Fall 2021, to summarize all the looks that excited me had a few things in common! Here’s the formula:
- On-trend pants 2. Something “loungey” 3. Oversized outerwear.
So here is a week’s worth of options that I wore last week! Once you know you’re looking for you can focus on shopping for pieces you need in your own closet and in store. Then cycle those pieces/outfits over and over all season!
I did this in the Summer and it eliminated decision fatigue, I spent (way) less on clothes and less time mindlessly shopping. I made smarter purchases and wasn’t not swiping up thinking I need everything, and hopefully more eco-friendly in the process!
Starred* items are exact links of what I’m wearing! Otherwise it’s sold out and I found a similar, well-reviewed (4 stars or better!) option.
- WORK READY — RED BLAZER* // WHITE BUTTON UP (Uniqlo) // SPLIT HEM JEANS* // WESTERN BOOTS (Zara) // BELT
2. ALL BLACK E’RY — LEATHER JACKET* // SPLIT HEM LEGGINGS // HOODIE* // GLASSES* // BOOTS*
I grabbed this Gildan hoodie in black and gray for a couple reasons – its $11 and so soft! And if needed I can chop the sleeves off for layering.
3. 90’S DAD VIBES — WINE CAP // DENIM SHACKET // USA SWEATSHIRT // STRAIGHT LEG JEANS // LOAFERS (burgundy is sold out but here is a similar version!
4. ROLLED OUTTA BED — TEE // SWEATS* // RUSS’ SHACKET // SNEAKERS // SOCKS (seriously the nicest thickest athletic socks I own!)
5. EVERYDAY EASE — DENIM OVERSIZED SHACKET (Also have + love Target’s mid wash version!) // DENIM TOP // WIDE LEG CROPPED // SNEAKERS (mine are CDG Play x Converse, but hard to find! // SUNGLASSES
I will notice every high schooler in town is wearing a version of this. Which may sway or solidify your decision. 😉
6. DRESSED UP — SKIRT* // JACKET* // BLOUSE // BOOTS (Old Zara)
BlairSeptember 8, 2021 at 12:49 pm
I love the formula, question I cannot wear baggy clothes to work (think research and hazards in tipping something over that may explode, being grabbed by some sort of primate and or sweating to death in tyvek). What are some similar formulas. I need to have a method to shop for work appropriate attire, look professional and not wear the same outfit over and over and over again for the past 10 years!
Emily FrameSeptember 10, 2021 at 9:02 am
That is tricky! What if you did a slim cigarette cut trouser and different patterns, textures and colors? Old navy always has a bunch, I think everlane has one called the dream pant? You can still do oversize outerwear so you feel on trend and just shed the layer at work? A cute poplin blouse underneath, band tee, light weight knit.
Just my initial thoughts! ♡