Anti-Inflammatory Protocol — where you restrict many, many foods for a number of weeks and slowly reintroduce one bye one! I did this for 3 months and definitely found my stride with a handful of recipes and you’ll find them all below!
These recipes are AIP compliant which means no sugar, no dairy, no grains/corn, healthy fats only (butter, olive or avocado oil mostly), no nightshades — potatoes, peppers, eggplants which are known to cause inflammation — and nothing artificial!
DRESSINGS — Having flavorful dressings and dips is a MUST. I prep as many as I need for the week all in one morning and pull from them all week. You can have the most standard meal prep — chicken, quinoa, roasted vegetables, and with these dressings, you won’t feel like you’re missing a thing!
BASIC LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- half a lemon juiced (1 T.)
- 1/2 t. dijon mustard
- 1/4 t. fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 t. sea salt
- 1-3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 T vingear (red wine or apple cider)
- whisk together and then add or 1/4 c olive oil
CHIMICHURRI — 5 Marys Recipe goes amazing on meat, vegetables, fish truly anything (don’t be scared it is amazing and you wouldn’t even know it has fish!)
GREEN GODDESS –– super thick so dilute with oil if needed
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small shallot
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup nuts of your choice (swap for more hemp heart if you aren’t eating nuts!)
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 avocado (Costco cups are great!
- 3 T lime juice
- 3/4 c water
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 c fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 t sea salt
- black pepper
- hot sauce (optional!)
TAHINI PESTO (absolutely divine on spaghetti squash or zoodles!)
- 1 c. basil leaves
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 c tahini
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 c water (more if needed)
- 2-3 cloves garlic (i love raw, but warm yours if you don’t)
- season with salt and pepper!
WEEKLY MEAL PREP BASICS
- Greek Yogurt Marinated Chicken Thighs by Cooking Classy (switch to thighs you’ll never go back!)
- Grilled Steak (we smoke Tri Tip with olive oil, salt and pepper)
- Buy frozen salmon steaks and thaw as needed! I like that they’re pre-portioned and the skin is so much easier to get off if you’re cubing salmon!
- Sauteed Vegetables — usually just zucchini, squash, onions, garlic.
- Roasted Vegetables — like broccoli, carrots, sweet potatoes
- Quinoa — I cook 3 cups of it in chicken or beef broth for the week!
- Prep raw vegetables and fruit so they’re easy to grab when you need something quick!
- Pickled onions add so much flavor to food so I make a batch of those every week or so, too!
PICKLED ONIONS (a mandolin is a must here!)
- 2 red onions
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup cane sugar — (omit! Didn’t miss it!)
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
FAVORITE MAIN DISHES (find all my main dishes on the REELS portion of my Instagram! There are a lot!) And you’ll see that my secret is making everything a “bowl.” Tweaking the seasoning on the meat and making a dressing will transport you to any flavor town you’re craving! Thai, Poke Bowls, Curry, Stir Fry, Burger Bowl!
- Greek Quinoa Bowl — meal prepped chicken, veggies, quinoa — drizzle over the lemon vinaigrette, top with shredded carrot, pickled onion, kalmata olives, hummus and fresh cracked pepper!
- Steak + Eggs Breakfast Burritos with Siete Almond Flour Tortillas and Chimichurri dressing. Scramble eggs, reheat meal prepped steak and warm a Siete tortilla! Super quick!
- Steak with Spaghetti Squash + Pesto! Sautee off mushrooms in butter to top on the steak!
- Air Fry Salmon + Roasted vegetables — Coat salmon steaks in dijon and paprika and air fry at 375 for 13-15 minutes! So easy!
- Chipotle Salmon Bowl (omit feta!) from Half Baked Harvest. I crave this weekly!
- Instant Pot Roast Beef with Vegetables:
2 t Italian seasoning2 t onion powder1 tsp garlic powder2 t sea salt2 t ground pepper (40 cranks)1.5 t dried or fresh rosemary1 t dried or fresh thyme3 yellow squash cut in half length wise and then 1/2 half moons1.5 onion chop in half, halves in half, then all in half again.8 celery stalks chopped to 1 inch piecesSmall bag of baby carrots2 T olive oil1.5 pounds of a chuck roast, shoulder roast, etc.2 c beef broth (add more if you like a lot of broth!)INSTRUCTIONSMake rub/ seasoning mix in a small bowl. Season the roast on all sides.Any leftover seasoning put on veggies.Prep squash, onion celery and carrotsPress saute button on INstant Pot and add olive oil. Once hot, brown the roast on all sides (1 minute per.) Then cancel Saute and turn off Instant Pot.Secure lid to Instant Pot, close pressure valve. Press “manual” or “pressure cook” button and set timer for 60 minutes at high pressure. Once complete let steam release for a few minutes before taking the lid off.
BREAKFAST + SIDES + DESSERT
Smoothies are a great option when you have a craving! Eat them at night, when dessert usually happens!
BUTTERFINGER MILKSHAKE (I swear it tastes like a candybar!)
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 handful ice
- 1 frozen banana
- vanilla, chocolate or snickerdoodle protein powder (I am a Just Ingredients girl!)
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- 1 heaping T of natural peanut butter (crunchy is great!)
- 1 heaping handful of spinach
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 T hemp hearts
BROWN BUTTER + CINNAMON SWEET POTATO
brown 3 T of butter in a pan until you see brown flecks and it smells nutty and delicious. Reheat a roasted sweepotato in the butter and then sprinkle cinnamon and sea salt!
TRADER JOE’S NEW ZEALAND DEHYDRATED APPLES
Just trust me, it’s the closest you’ll get to a gummy candy. Chewy and so satisfying!! It’s gotta be this kind though, the rest are hard!
TIK TOK GREEN GODDESS SALAD — this can be eaten like a salad or my favorite, on a Trader Joe’s Cassava Flour Chip, doesn’t break! I make this weekly, it scratches an itch I can’t explain. The chips and salsa itch? IDK but its bomb! Buy Trader Joe’s box of basil for this!
KITCHEN GADGETS — here’s what I have and use often!
Electric Pepper/Salt Grinder absolutely a must have if you cook a lot.
Dressing shake and serves (nice wide mouth for thick dressing!)
OXO Squeeze Bottles (Vinegars, Oils, and you can control super precisely how much and where it goes!)
Weck Jars are wide mouthed, air tight, and so pretty.
Little gloves for seasoning meat with rubs and marinades
Mandolin is wonderful for pickled onions, quick vegetable prep, stir fry etc.
VitaMix blender — The MVP of AIP. I even bought a food processor and went back to the VitaMix, it is amazing! Morning smoothies, dressings, all of it, takes everything like a champ!
Just Ingredients Protein Powder — I polled you all and this was hands down (like 90% of responses) your #1 choice. It is a whey protein but so was the one my doctor had me on and this is infinitely better tasting. I drink it with ice and almond milk which is unheard of for me. I love snickerdoodle, chocolate peanut butter and vanilla, but was told sternly to get mint chocolate asap!
You can also shop all of these AIP approved store bought ingredients! So great to swap out for existing items and clean up that pantry!