We are so pumped to have another Tiny Dos post today for you! It has been far too long since our last hair tutorial post. We called on our favorite stylist Bethany at Salon K in Provo show us how it’s done! Here’s three more awesome ideas to add to the list!
First up: the Bang Braid! This is such a great option for keeping hair off your girl’s face. Or if she’s growing out pesky bangs, this is going to be your go-to hair style!
Bethany has a video tutorial for this one right here, but keep reading for the steps!
1. Start by taking a deep side part.
2. Then pull hair from the crown of the head down to the forehead pulling the three strands underneath each other, each time pulling a new piece from the crown into the braid. This braid style is called an Inverted braidor a Dutch braid.
3. Continue pulling hair down into the braid until you get to the end. Then use your fingers to separate the pieces and fatten them a bit. Bobby pin or use a clear elastic to keep it in place!
We topped this braid with Hello Shiso’s star clips!
Next up is the The Sweet Roll!
This one is a quick little up-do that is gentle on those little scalps. Even as adults doing a tight top-knot or bun starts to hurt after a while, so this is a nice pretty style that you can wear all day!
All you need is a stretchy elastic headband and some bobby pins for this one! Steps below…
1. Place the elastic headband over all of the hair.
2. Wrap small sections up and around the headband and pin at a 90 degree angle to help hide the bobby pin!
3. Continue to grab small sections all the way around until all the hair is tucked under.
We topped this one with this neon pom pom clip.
And lastly, we wanted to concoct something that would be good for days at the pool, beach and lake! We call this one the Mermaid Braid!
Where their hair can get wet and dry multiple times, they can swim and splash and they won’t need to worry about getting tangled or trapped.
1. Start this one either post-bath or shower, or by wetting the hair.
2. Slick the hair back and part the hair horizontally in a half-up half-down. Separate the top half and begin a french braid.
3. Once you finish the braid, comb and slick the bottom half upward into a high ponytail and secure with an elastic.
Note: Bethany wrapped a section of hair around this pony-tail base and secured it with a bobby pin for a little extra polish! We love this idea if you’re heading straight from the pool to dinner!
Locals if you’re looking for a new salon, we are big fans of Salon K - a full-service Bumble and Bumble salon! Call (801) 226-7985 to book and follow their Instagram and blog for awesome hair tips and ideas! Huge thank you to their stylist Bethany for helping us out with these!!
Tops C/O Wunway