Next up for our Back to School Fashion Week, we had to share a couple of the awesome sales that are going on right now! Nothing is better than stocking up (seriously it gives us butterflies and we’ve been graduated for…awhile) for the school year and getting amazing deals while you’re at it! Gap is running a 40% off full priced items for card members (35% if not) sale while Jcrew is an additional 40% off sale items. Not bad at all! Here’s some of our favorite deals, and below you can shop them – plus a ton more! – in the carousels below!
Have you all found any awesome back to school deals? JcPenney, Zara, Nordstrom all have great sales going on now, too!
Next up in our Back to School Fashion Week is our favorite finds for picture day! We did a little research across the web for the best Picture Day tips (at the bottom of this post!) and put them all together for you here! Whether you dress up or keep it casual, here are some great options that go along with what we’ve read!
2. Going the other direction with something extra casual (but still picture appropriate!) like this Chambray Shirt with Polarn O Pyret’s perfect Striped long sleeve top as an undershirt! The stripe is wide enough to be photographed just right! Boys don’t get too many accessory options that are picture friendly, but we love this smart little Neff watch to add a little something extra!
3. For a middle of the road look we love a Short Sleeved Plaid button down with a contrasting pop of color underneath like this Simple pocket tee!
Hi. I’m that mom that stops for donuts for breakfast on our way to school. Every morning. We don’t feel that bad about it either ;). Actually, I have a lot of mom guilt when it comes to the way I feed my kids. I’m recently divorced and and find eating out so much easier than cooking a meal for one adult (myself) and two kiddos who more than likely won’t eat it. So, eating out seems like the best option. Our trouble is we eat out the fast food way. Even for breakfast.
That’s where Made To Matter, Handpicked by Target™ comes in. I’ve spent the last week making an effort to eat AT HOME. But not just leftover donuts from the breakfast the day prior, but actually making something substantial. I don’t think I’ll EVER be that mom that makes pancakes and eggs and bacon and fresh squeezed OJ every morning, but that’s okay, because I’ve found some super quick, easy, and better-for-us answers.
My kids love oatmeal. But instant oatmeal is packed with sugars. I took a leap of faith and cooked this the Simply Balanced Multi-grain Organic Oatmeal, drizzled with Simply Balanced Maple Syrup and garnished with some sliced fruit on top. At first Dash was apprehensive, who could blame him. Where are the donuts?But after a moment, they GOBBLED it up. I like to mix the fruit selections up so it’s exciting to them each day. Strawberries, peaches, pears, berries, apples and bananas. Our morning felt smooth and healthy. We made it to our classes on time and the kids seemed all around happier being filled with something heartier than donuts.
This breakfast worked for us in so many ways! It is instant for the days I’m in a rush, it is still sweet so it appeals to my boys, and I can keep it fresh and exciting by the toppings we choose. But, ultimately, I know the ingredients are good and healthy and my boys enjoy it.
Now that I’m cooking more at home, I’d love to know what heart breakfasts you’ve found work for your family? We all need a tried and true arsenal!
This post is sponsored by Target. The Made To Matter line has been handpicked by Target to bring you brands that make things better for your you, your family, and the place we all call home.
With the exception of our next update for the Made to Matter challenge tomorrow, we’re taking this whole week to share the best of Back to School 2014 fashion! Our own Fashion Week if you will. Move over Mercedes Benz! First, what is more official then picking out a back pack? We scoured our favorite stores and these are our favorites for preschoolers on up!
1. JcPenney always pulls through with awesome clothing and accessories at unbelievable prices. We love this camping style backpack for girls!
2. & 4. Gap wins for the best backpack collection this year! Everything is so darling, minimal but not boring, and of course they always have matching lunch boxes and accessories to add to it so you have a complete set! This stripe and dot combo is so cute and if you like Herschel but not the price, this combo version is a great imitator! (This week they have 40% off regular priced items if you’re card holder!)
3. & 5. Herschel Supply Co. has only been around for a few years but they’ve taken over our favorite retailers as their pack of choice. The two founding brothers have got it down pat. Every combination and shape is so great! Bone + camo version here // Striped versions here
6. Beatrix’s illustrated backpacks are so sweet and youthful! If you’re not ready to buy a mountain-man looking pack for your little guy, check out Beatrix!
7. DwellStudio is another one that always pulls through! This one is perfect for your dinosaur lover!
8. & 9. If you’re looking for an inexpensive but totally cute option this next school year, look no further than Cotton On Kids! $9.95 and they come in all sorts of on-trend patterns! Find them all here.
10. We’ve reviewed Dabbawalla lunch bags before, but didn’t realize they had backpacks, too! Their fabrics have proved to be pretty indestructible which is great for those kids who are extra rough on their packs. Find the monkey pack here!
11. Messenger bags have been hard to find so far, but Hanna Andersson’s striped styles are super cute! If your gal likes a cross-body strap versus the standard pack, this one is a great option! (If you’ve seen any other cute ones online share in the comments, we had slim luck!)
12. Cath Kidston really knows how to make a feminine backpack! If you’ve got a girly girl all of her back packs are so wonderful!
Didn’t see one that grabs ya? Don’t worry, we’ve got a bunch more in the carousel below (mobile users, you might have to click over to see this!)
Happy Fryday! Can’t believe another week has flown by. I’m feeling summer slipping through my finger tips and I’m not ready to part with it just yet!
This week for my Fryday I wanted to highlight a few of the Moms around the web that I’m admiring lately. There are SO many wonderful women online and here are some you should get to know (if you don’t already!)
This Mother of 3 is as you can see fun, creative & a beauty. I love reading her blog about design, family, travel, recipes, you name it. She has a beautiful and honest space where she shares openly with her readers. We’ve never met but I think if we did we’d be great friends.
Read Mandi’s blog for five seconds & you can’t help but fall instantly in love with her. This mom of two is as she says, FEARLESS when it comes to DIY, but as her personal friend I know her as fearless in just about any area of her life. She’s courageous, brave, honest, kind and craaaaazy talented.
Casey is a mamma to three and her blog is like one huge beating heart. She puts her whole soul in to it & is an incredible writer. I connect with her on a lot of ways but especially when she writes about her pregnancy losses. It’s the way I wish I could give words to mine. She’s talented, gracious, beautiful and loving. There is always something to gain from her words.
There are a so many more women I could highlight but I’ll stop there…whose blog are you reading these days and why?
Our friends at Arvo (see how we styled their awesome watches here) are putting on a Dare to Care 5K for the local Granite School District August 2nd. This district shows that 63% of their students are below poverty line and can’t afford to buy school supplies. All proceeds to this race go to the Granite Education Foundation and it is such a worthy cause!
Register here for the race here and use “Dare2Care” to get $5 off your registration fee! Make sure you pre-register to ensure you get your t-shirt! Also local vendors who might want to sponsor or donate to the race, or for those who simply want to make a donation to the foundation email email@example.com!