The very best (IMO) of Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Women’s Shoes! No filler just the goods.
Some of my favorite clothing pieces!
Just the happiest, brightest, best lookin’ Summer shoes around the web!
Got a fun giveaway with Elephantito on my Instagram today! This brand has been the leader in luxury kids apparel for the last 15 years and the quality is truly unbeatable. The classic styles are sure to become heirlooms you pass down from sibling to cousin to grandchild! Check out some of my favorites and go enter to win a pair of your choice!
Hayes: Cal: Leather Bootie
Navy Boot // Navy Patent Mary Jane // Navy Boat Shoes // Patent Bootie // Perforated Red Sandal // Leopard Sandal // White Cross Sandal // Pink Suede Bow Flat // Plaid Shift // Blue Smocked Dress // Floral Romper with ties // White and Ivory Coverall // Tan Boat Shoes // Cognac Driving Loafer // Riding Boot
Even though I am a planner at heart, Summer is full of spontaneous fun for us. Lots of last minute plans and blocks of time opening up when naps go ary, I just like to be well prepared for any fun event if we’re out and about or need to split quickly, so I try to keep the car well stocked. But let it be said I don’t have a huge trunk, so as much as I’d love to get the wagon on this list, these are things I can fit and carry myself!
Ready? On-the-go faves!
- Kindhood Towel. I don’t bring towels anymore. I make my kids put on their hooded towels and they are in charge of them from start to finish! It’s SO much easier and the sheer real estate they free up in my bag is life altering. Terry underneath and softest Pima cotton on top so they’re absorbent, warm, and luxe. Worth every penny for sure.
- Waterproof, portable blue tooth speaker! Toss it in your bag and have that playlist ready. I love that it clips!
- Backpack beach chairs might not be the coolest thing ever to wear but I NEED MY HANDS. Then once you set it up it has pockets for your phone and valuables and I love this red orange color. You can get them with canopies for shade (nursing moms, hit that one hard!)
- Stackable snack containers. Keep them all in one place, easy to grab and go, and plenty of options for a variety of kids!
- I fell hard for my bubba tumbler and love this even bigger size! Keep your whole family hydrated and your drink icy. Also WAY less than Yeti or Hydroflask.
- Mini Detangling Brushes: My kids hair is all long and frankly, a nightmare at times but especially after the pool. I keep a mini wet brush in my car, my bag, in each bathroom. I LOVE these! 6 Pack is worth it, I promise!
- Shiny Happy is all natural and works amazingly well. I love how my kids hair feels after it dries which if you’ve tried detangling sprays you KNOW not all are created equal.
- Nothing makes me feel more like shutting down Summer fun like a dead phone. No more of that! External Charger, top rated and affordable!
- If I pass on one legacy let it be the power of Bull Frog. I grew up in Arizona desert sun using this and swear by it still. It works so well but you’ll still get a wicked tan through it. This is what we bring to Lake Powell, an all day pool day. Its the best.
- Face Stick is another must. So much easier on wriggling kids.
- Getting another batch of these clear bags for the pool bag, wet suits, sunscreen, a place to put cash and coin for that gosh darn snack shack. Pack lunches or snacks in them, clear for life.
- Bags are intensely personal but I found 4 that I think would be amazing for a Summer on-the-go bag. First is this striped cooler. If you’re packing food and drinks to the beach it would be amazing for that, but also fits a ton of other things, too!
- This huge Zara tote is $18! Great for dry things and an a super affordable option.
- This CleverMade collapsible bag seems ideal because it’s wipeable, folds down flat when you’re not using it, holds its form, has long handles.
- This speckled Baggu version is gorgeous and the zipper at the top is the best feature I’d say. Stands on its own and is large enough for ALL.THE.THINGS.
And don’t forget the blanket! I love this one from Andean Beginnings – its enormous and so pretty.
Q: Where can I find waterproof shoes that aren’t ugly?
A: See below!
(Assumptive of me, because maybe you think these are ugly too, but here’s my favorites!)
You know how I feel about Natives, now they make SANDALS! // Old Navy makes these FAUX VELCRO BIRKS for toddlers up to size 11 and I get stopped every time Raleigh wears them. So great for Summer and SO easy to put on which you can’t say for every sandal. // NATIVES always and forever. The Jefferson style works great for my big kids, I like the Miller for a wider fit for Raleigh // ADILETTE by Adidas for kids // I can actually confirm that even though you wouldn’t assume, SALTWATERS do great in the water. I wouldn’t wade in the pool because they still have metal buckles but totally find for a puddle or splash pad or something in a pinch. They literally last for decades as you will see if you buy any at a thrift store. // CHACOS! For hiking, lake days, heavier duty outdoor activities! // KIDDIE TEVAS! Platform! Metallic!
And even more from around the web!
Photos by Shanoah Lauren.
Next up in our Hair How To series with Salon K + @salonk_ is this super modern take on your every day pony tail! Easy but packs a punch! We have @emilysbrady and her daughter Perry as our models (and her twins!!) Styled by @karissadoeshair, the owner!
- Leaving the side pieces out create a pony with the back section of hair.
- Take the side pieces and wrap one side over the other and pull down.
- Take those tails and secure tightly with an elastic.
- Pin any pieces down that stick out.
- Hairspray any pieces for a sleek look!
So cute for mama and daughter!
Coolest chica Perry! Wearing Kortni Jeane sunglasses.
Is anything not last minute around here lately? That’s just where I am at right now, and it will hopefully benefit some of you, too!
GIFTS FOR ME, FOR MY MOM, FOR MY FRIENDS that will arrive just in time!
Sam Edelman Circus “Stevie” – These criss cross striped heels (so many more colors, too!) are so perfect and easily translate to Fall with their color palette. So cute with a denim skirt, jeans, a floaty Summer dress. So cheap too! $27!
Seychelles “Beau Slide” – These criss cross flats caused a huge ruckus last year when I bought a similar pair. They sold out to never return and these look like even higher quality! I love the squared off toe shape.
Rose Hip Face Oil – my friends all swear by this. If you have dry skin it will transform it!
Gold + Snail Eye Gels An easy gift for any age or interests. And it’s $12 but I don’t think you could guess by looking at it. The gel is so luxe and cooling and is such a fun way to pamper yourself with ease. K Beauty, so you know its legit!
Dolce Vita “Cato” Slide – I feel like this is the shape of the Summer. I’ve already seen it everywhere but DV has so many color options and the genuine leather looks so much better when it’s worn in than the cheap Old Navy ones!
Quay After Hours – These are my favorite sunnies of all time. The matte black holds up so nicely (no scratching or smudging) and its such a great shape. I love the little bit of edge it gives.
Laneige Sleeping Masks – this comes with 2 Lip Masks and 2 Water Masks for $23. You can buy the lip mask on its own for $12 so I feel like this is some crazy mistake of a deal. Grab it while it’s hot! Split it with a friend, gift them to sisters, whatever!
Self Watering Herb Garden – For the mom who wants to garden but literally cannot deal. Enjoy the fruits of this garden without killing it all off or overwatering it.
Bed Sheflie – Got a pregnant mama to buy for? I want this either way, but I feel like it would be so nice so they wouldn’t have to roll over to get to their bedside table.
Silk Pillowcase – if you don’t want face wrinkles, get a silk pillowcase. I sleep literally with my face smashed into the bed and wake up with lines where my cheeks bend into my nose. HELP!
Lark & Ro skirt – I think no matter what style you’re buying for this skirt would be a great addition to any closet. Flattering to all figures, interesting hemline but still totally versatile. It comes in navy too, and is $25!
Call me crazy but I think this Ella Moon dress would be darling on a 65 year old or a 20 year old. The high neck ruffle is so cool but its bright and fun and can be styled a myriad of ways. More colors too!
Gingham Rug – Did McGee and Co. start this layered door mat thing? Before too long I feel like I’ve seen SO many people doing it, and surprisingly I still love it! This gingham runner is big enough for that layered look. You mom will feel so cool and trendy!
Dyson Cordless Handheld – You’ll never know how much you can benefit from a cordless handheld vacuum until you have one. I use mine ALL DAY long. I wish I had one near my car for quick clean ups, best part is my kids fight over using ours. They WANT TO CLEAN people, this not a drill!
Packing Cubes – Something everyone has their eye one but (if you’re me) no one wants to buy. Its just not a priority unless you have an imminent trip. And for that reason would make such a great gift!!
Transparent 3 Pack – another traveling gift! Except I use mine all the time in my purses for make-up, coupons, receipts, cords when I am going to need work stuff. Love them!
This post has been sponsored by Newell Brands. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
It’s starting to warm up here and with that and all our endless baseball games I feel like we’re eating in the yard, or the bleachers almost every night! I love eating al fresco, but there are definitely some items that make it a bit easier!I teamed up with bubba (you can find their products in store at Walmart!) to share my favorite items for eating outside!
First, bubba® has a ounce thermos called the Trailblazer that fits 40 ounces and keeps liquids cold for 42 hours and hot for 12 without so much as a sweat! So it’s perfect for picnics and eating on the go and I don’t have to refill it too often!I make a big batch of my kids favorite drink, soda water with lemons and limes and lots of ice! I pack it up and let it sort of meld together before dinner and when I bring it out to pour, it’s as cold as ever!I also love having a caddy for condiments, utensils, napkins, salt and pepper to just grab and go when we’re heading outside.When we’re eating outside at home we’re not too far from the grill so we love doing burgers or my kids favorite: skewers!A mandolin is a BBQ night must with all the chopped veggies for skewers, onions and pickles for burgers. My other favorite gadget is this garlic zoom which chops garlic without any mess and the easiest cleanup! Makes it easy to add fresh garlic to the spread for the burger or a dip for the veggies.Of course don’t forget that bubba holds hot liquid too so in this crazy Utah weather I can pack hot chocolate for those nights where Hayes’ baseball games turn cold. That has come in handy several times this month! bubba makes water bottles in several sizes so you can create a batch for the whole family or an individual serving for work. Better yet: you can find all your dining al fresco needs Walmart along with the Trailblazer!
Poor Cal has had the worst sinus issues this week and I’ve been pulling out all the stops. He’s gotten better with each day so I didn’t worry about getting an antibiotic but here’s what I used to help things move along!
- Children’s ACF (Acute Cold + Flu) by Buried Treasure. I’ve sworn by this stuff for years but only recently found the kid’s formula. It tastes so much better but still has all the immune support you need, like elderberry, echinacea, vitamin C etc. I put this in my kids smoothies all year round to build their immune system and then up the doses when they’re sick too.
- Hylands Cold ‘n Mucus. Herbs and homeopathy to help break up mucus, soothe sore throats, help them fall asleep, but no sedatives or stimulants so their body can heal on it’s own. Read up on it here!
- Zarbee’s line is so great for helping sooth sore throats, quiet coughs and loosen mucus.
- Children’s Tylenol. You can alternate every 4 hours with Kid’s Ibuprofen – chewables are the best!. To help with aches and pains and the soreness from his cheeks. His popped ears were really causing him pain in his face! I find Ibuprophen works a lot better for some reason.
- Nose Frida + Saline Spray — once kids are old enough to blow their nose its a whole different ball game, but until that day. Nose Frida is an absolute must have. It seems gross but their mucus never comes near you or is even airborne. But it works amazingly well and is so necessary when they can’t breathe!
- Maty’s Chest Rub. An all natural chest rub to help get those vapors into their nose. I add Eucalyptus oil to it when I want it to be stronger for the bigger kids.
- Eustachi. This thing is epically amazing and every parent needs one! When ears won’t pop this thing does the trick immediately. Take it on flights for sure, but so great for sinus issues when you can’t get the ears to clear.
- Smoothies – if you can’t get your kid to take vitamins, medicines, supplements, I work so much into their smoothies and they have no clue. Ha! I love these giant smoothie straws for easy drinking on the go, too! I cut them in half and stick them in the kid cups from restaurants! (In fact I always cut my straws in half for kids, way too long and then they don’t have to tip it so far to get a drink. Tip = spill.)
Any products to add? Just mentioning it that if Cal wasn’t progressing or getting better I would for sure have gotten him an antbiotic. But always glad to have natural or other remedies to try and help!