Let’s get one thing straight, most guys we know are scrambling last minute for Mother’s Day, so a Prime shipping option is a necessity at this juncture. Today for our Mother’s Day gift guide we’re sharing 5 new-to-us ideas to try and 5 tried and true favorites. If you’re feeling dangerous or you just want comfortable, you’re covered.
- Snail Mucus. Apparently snail secretions are full of properties used in beauty products anyway so why not just use it in its whole form? Sounds gross but after reading up, it’s totally backed up by science and has amazing reviews.
- Squalane oil. Not new by any means but this oil is a saturated version of Squalene which is found in sebum. Yeah that gross stuff that clogs your pores. Well you need it to turn over healthy skin cells and it’s the damaged or oxidized sebum that causes you to breakout.
- Round bags. They’re huge this season and this one is so pretty. Such good color pop.
- Shape Tape by Tarte. Cult favorite concealer. Tried and test by us and totally approved. Dark circles be gone, no creasing, lays on so nice and thick but doesn’t cake. Smells amazing. The price might make it feel dangerous but we vouch for this so hard.
- The Four Agreements. Neither of us have read this, but in the last week we’ve seen at least 4 people rave about it, say they read it again and again and that is a life changer. Get it on Audible and don’t feel guilty about the fact that you can’t seem to pick up an actual book lately.
And tried and true favorites:
- Petifee Gold Eye Patches. A must for aging skin. Wake up looking like you got 12 hours of sleep and aged in reverse a bit. A Beytouty Bureau pick we can’t get enough of.
- Mesh mixed suit. Coverage of a one piece that gives the lines and break in shapes like a two piece. In black so you feel chic and put together no matter how many times you chased your toddler or wiped spilled snow cone off your lap.
- A box of bath bombs. Whatever helps you relax and gets you to take that me time, do it. Bath Bombs do it for us!
- Yeah yeah yeah we’re all trying to find NMD R1 or R2 without dipping into our retirement. These are less than $100, give you that Adidas fix and are super comfortable.
- Super flattering perfect for Spring, that middle of the road price that promises a good fit for years instead of months. You’ll find these jeans on mega Internet babes Cara Loren, Rachel Parcell, Ginger Parrish. We vouch too, they’re awesome!
By Nicole brought to you by Mini Babybel®.
Maybe not hard to guess but we LOVE a good charcuterie board. When we go out on dates or out with our girlfriends it’s always a must. Turns out our boys love them too! What’s not to love?
(Shown here: Salami, Gherkin Pickles, Sliced Pear and Olive and a side of Mini Babybel cheese!)
We’ve found it’s a great way to broaden their palette horizons and introduce new tastes and flavors to them in a format they recognize. Mini Babybel cheese is a favorite around here because it’s tasty and fun to eat! So when they asked us to come up with the perfect movie night snack in tandem with their Family Film Festival campaign with Fandango — learn more here — we knew exactly what we wanted to create! The perfect charcuterie skewer! Everything we love about the cheese plate but without the spread and chance of mess. Just line your favorite elements up on the skewer and hand out to your cuddle buddies.
We used Gherkin Pickles, Apple and pear slices, olives, salami with a side of Mini Babybel Cheese here, but you could add prosciutto, pepperoni, bread chunks, or any of your other cheese plate favorites! Then have dips on hand like mustards or honey and enjoy! Mini Babybel also included this darling PDF filled with fun ideas to make your next movie night extra special! Printable tickets, a Bingo game that you can mark with Mini Babybel wheels when they cry, when you see a dance party, etc. etc. Find all the fun here!
SHOP THE POST:
Wood plate // Camel Club chairs // Plaid Pouf (old but found here) // Plaid throw // Basket Pendant Light // Coffee Table // Glass shade lamp // Gold round shade lamp // Black Cantilever Floor Lamp //
By Emily. Disclosure: ABCmouse sent us subscriptions but made no obligations to mention them, just wanted to share how it helped us and offer you a free month!
I have of course heard lots about ABCmouse (try it free for 30 days here!) with their commercials on my boys’ favorite channels, but it wasn’t until I heard it vouched for by my friend Kim that I tried it out! My middle guy Callum has a July birthday and I hesitated big time with whether or not to start him on time for Kindergarten (making him among the youngest in his class) or putting him in the following year (making him surely one of the oldest.) I followed my mama intuition and held him back and it has been confirmed to me many times that it was the right choice.
In short summary Cal is his own man and learns how and when he likes, and coming off learning styles with my very different son Hayes, I felt so frustrated at how to get him to enjoy learning the way I saw Hayes do only a year previously. One thing I did know I could get Cal on board with was enjoying a game on my phone or computer! As long as we do so in very regimented routine amounts, technology has been a great motivator and teacher for him in times when I wasn’t sure how else to engage him!
ABCmouse has been a great option for him as he gets ready for Kindergarten. After focusing on reading with him for only a week his preschool teachers both took me aside and said he had just exploded at school with his grasp on sounds and letters and his desire to read. This was the best news ever after long years of navigating what works for Cal.
So add my voice to the many others you’ll hear on TV or elsewhere about this awesome game! If you’re looking for a way to help your little one (it covers preschool to 2nd grade!) or you want to keep them fresh this Summer, ABC Mouse has been so awesome! They’re offering a free month right now for Small Fry readers, use this link to claim it!