Happy Friday, everyone! We hope you’ve enjoyed and learned from this first week of New Mom / New Baby month! We’ve got a lot more where that came from and today we’re finishing up our feeding series with the best gear and accessories for breast feeding. After editing this post, we laughed because it truly sounds like we’re trying to talk you out of breastfeeding. The funny part is all three of us are obsessed and solely breastfeed our kids. There is no denying the adjustment phase that the first few weeks can bring and all of these products will help you get over that hump.
1. Those early days of nursing are a blur, and usually a braless and sometimes topless one at that. The Cupcake Nursing Tank is such a great option because you can easily access the goods, but you still have a tank for a little coverage when you’re lifting that shirt up.
2. While you get the hang of nursing (it’s a two and sometimes three hand job at first) you need all the support you can get. The Boppy Nursing Pillow is an essential and staple for a reason. So nice! And it’s a great little cocoon for your to chill in too.
3. While you and your baby are figuring out that latch you’re going to want something soothing for those nips. Yeah, we said nips. Boob-Ease Natural Nipple Balm is a great one!
4. Is this not the most attractive nursing bra you’ve ever seen? Slow claps for Belly Bandit. We love this Bandita Nursing Bra!
5. We saw these Cupcake Nursing Pads at a convention and were immediately sold. You can’t tell you’re wearing a nursing pad, you can add liners for extra absorbency, throw it in the wash, reuse and it’s comfortable and soft. We could tell some horror stories about those cotton disposable kind, but another story for another time!
6. Your adjusting milk supply is a wild ride. Engorgement, let down, leakage, spray-age, the works. Boob Warm/Cool Relief is everything you need to help sooth any of the above.
7. Believe us, you don’t need to deal with a blanket that can be yanked off, hands free cover is the way to go! (Covered Goods Nursing Cover)
8. If you need to pump for work, to help guide your milk supply, or just a break from a late night feeding, don’t skimp on the pump, just skip to the Medela Pump In Style.Two of us tried the hand pump and it was futile. You’ll be so glad you have it and will use it for years to come.
9. If your milk supply needs a boost, Earth Mama Angel Baby Milkmaid Tea is your answer. Their whole line-up is really amazing. Certified organic and everything works wonders. The butt balm is another must have!
Anything you’d add to this list? Have a great weekend!